Braco is a
small village lying on the southern edge of Strathearn, Scotland.
The Romans built a number of forts in Scotland during the first century AD, including Ardoch
at Braco, connected by a line of watchtowers and fortlets across the southern
edge of Strathearn. This appears to be the first Roman linear frontier (40
years earlier than Hadrian's Wall). The Romans withdrew from Scotland after a short time.
In the 140's they returned to Strathearn to rebuild at least some of the
fortifications, reoccupied Ardoch and stayed some 20 years. Ardoch was in
fact one of the largest Roman stations in Britain but now grass covered rampants
and ditchs are all that remains. This Scottish Roman site is however both remarkable and
Near Braco is Tullibardine Chapel. This Collegiate Church was founded by
Sir David Murray in 1445 and remains unaltered.
Check out the full Local Directory, Visitor Guide, and Business Services.